The GTA Construction Report Special Feature
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) has identified four prequalified teams to bid on Toronto’s Mount Sinai Hospital development.
The prequalified teams invited to bid are Bondfield Construction Company Ltd., EllisDon Capital Inc., PCL Constructors Canada Inc., and Walsh Canada.
The project is a large-scale renovation of several key areas of Mount Sinai Hospital, including:
• redevelopment of the Critical Care Unit;
• expansion and redesign of the emergency department, operating rooms and surgical services;
• increased medical/surgery inpatient capacity;
• redesign of some of the ambulatory care areas areas; and
• redevelopment of a full-service, in-house medical devices reprocessing department.
Once the RFP submissions are received, IO and Sinai Health System will evaluate them and select the successful bidder. The winning bidder is expected to be announced in spring 2017, with construction scheduled to follow shortly thereafter.
IO says this project is being delivered using its Alternative Financing and Procurement (AFP) model.
The documentation does not give the project’s estimated overall cost.
“Sinai Health System is very pleased to see the largest capital transformation in Mount Sinai Hospital’s history moving forward,” Joseph Mapa, president and CEO, Sinai Health System, said in a statement. “This redevelopment project enables us to continue to provide high quality, safe patient care and the very best patient experience.”