Ontario Construction News staff writer
The City of Toronto, in consultation with Infrastructure Ontario (IO), has invited two teams to respond to a request for proposals to design, build and finance the George Street Revitalization project.
The George Street Revitalization Project will replace Seaton House, owned and operated by the City of Toronto. The new development will act as a transformational catalyst to rejuvenate the George Street neighbourhood and historical Garden District. The project, led by the City of Toronto, will be delivered using Ontario’s P3 Design-Build-Finance delivery model.
Prequalified based on criteria identified in a request for qualifications process that began in November 2020, the prequalified teams are:
ELLISDON INFRASTRUCTURE HEALTHCARE
- Applicant Leads: EllisDon Corporation
- Design Team: Adamson Associates Architects(33.33%), G Architects (33.33%), Parkin Architects Ltd (33.33%)
- Construction Team: EllisDon Corporation
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
Bird Design-Build Construction Inc.
- Applicant Lead: Bird Design Build Construction Inc.
- Design Team: Diamond Schmitt Architects (50%), IBI Group Architects (50%)
- Construction Team: Bird Design Build Construction Inc.
- Financial Advisor: Bird Capital Limited Partnership
Selection criteria included design and construction capability, experience, qualified personnel and financial capacity to undertake a project of this size and scope.
Teams will now begin preparing proposals that detail how they will deliver the project. Once submissions are received, IO and the City of Toronto will evaluate the proposals, select a preferred team and then negotiate a final contract. A successful bidder is expected to be announced in Summer 2023. A fairness monitor will oversee the entire procurement process.