Infrastructure Ontario and Cambridge Memorial Hospital have issued a request for qualifications to build and finance the hospital’s redevelopment project.
The project includes a combination of renovations and new construction at the hospital. Highlights include:
A new acute care wing will be built to include:
- clinical services: surgical suite, birthing suite, emergency department, medical/surgical unit, intensive care, maternal newborn, pediatrics, nuclear medicine and mental health unit
- clinical support services: laboratory and medical devices reprocessing
- other services: medical education campus, main entrance, lobby and registration
Major interior renovations will occur in the existing ‘B Wing’ and will support infrastructure and space standards upgrades primarily to the following units:
- clinical services: rehabilitation, medical surgical and emergency
- clinical support services: diagnostic imaging
The request for qualifications is the first step in the procurement process to select a team to build and finance the project. Submissions will be reviewed to pre-qualify project teams with the required construction capability, experience and the financial capacity to undertake a project of this size and complexity. These teams will then be invited to respond to a request for proposals, which is expected to be released in the fall of 2013.
Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care are working with Cambridge Memorial Hospital to expand and renovate the facility, which will remain publicly owned, publicly controlled and publicly accountable.