GTA Construction Report staff writer
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Sinai Health System have awarded a fixed price $288.5 million contract to EllisDon Capital Inc. (EllisDon) to build and finance Sinai Health System’s Phase 3A redevelopment project at Toronto’s Mount Sinai Hospital.
The award follows a request for qualifications process overseen by Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Sinai Health System, which started in August 2015.
The project is a large scale renovation of several key areas of the hospital, including:
- redevelopment of the critical care unit;
- expansion and redesign of the emergency department, operating rooms and surgical services;
- increased medical/surgery inpatient capacity;
- redesign of some of the ambulatory care areas; and
- redevelopment of a full service, in-house medical devices reprocessing department.
EllisDon will now mobilize on site and construction will begin, with an expected substantial completion date of fall 2022.
This project is being delivered with IO’s Alternative Financing and Procurement (AFP) model.